Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Waiting Game Begins

Well, it's been another hot week here. We've been taking it easy. Hannah has been at zoo camp this week after being at gymnastics camp last week. She's enjoying it and I'm enjoying the beginning of the proverbial calm before the storm.

We're shoring up the house now. Last Sunday, we did a bunch of yard work and are almost done with mulching. Why is that a bag seems to cover only half of what it seems it should? ANYWAY, I planted some hosta today and there are some other flowers for Brian to plant tonight since he's done with Capstone paper (thank God). The garage is almost all painted and actually matches the house now (BIG improvement!). This weekend has a lot of cleaning in its future I suspect.

We went to the kids school this week to figure out where they will going when they get inside (their old school building is being torn down and a new one will be built, so we're in a 'swing space' for 2 years). It's really nice, but I need to say that if I were teaching there, I'd probably have walked in and then turned around and walked right back out. Zach's teacher had at least 1/2 of the room floor to ceiling boxes. Hannah's teacher wasn't in a much better position. It seems way overwhelming and I'm glad it's not me!

Me too, aka Elizabeth is doing well and is well on her way to being just like Zach and Hannah. Whatever they are doing, she has to do too. The other day I asked her who gave her permission to be so cute and she looked at me and said "God". It will be interesting to see how she does when Zach and Hannah are gone off to school all day. I think she's going to really miss them. Truth be told, I'm going to miss them.

As far as baby watch, my doc is out of the country until the 9th, so please pray that nothing happens until then. The doc that is covering for him doesn't deliver at the hospital that I want to go to and my experience at the hospital he does deliver at wasn't great. So, we'll see. Until then, the waiting game begins!

No comments: