Monday, July 21, 2008

What was I thinking?

So, I thought it would be fun to go camping. What?! I'm only 37 weeks pregnant... Well, it was quite an adventure.
First, it was like 90+ degrees with humidity added on just for me. I felt like a peep in a microwave (let the swelling begin). After taking an hour to get the tent up and everything ready (it all takes longer when kids are young- should have thought that through a bit more) we were ready for the day. We spent the afternoon at the water park and then went back to camp where it took us another hour to get the fire going and cook hotdogs (a microwave would have been good).
After that we spent some time with the Cub Scouts we were with. If only my camera was working for this next part. The girls and Zach went creeking with Brian and the other Cub Scouts. Zach jumped in, Hannah followed and Elizabeth (aka- ME TOO!!) jumped right in to her waist! They had a blast. My daughter- Hannah- CAUGHT A FROG!!!!! I wish I could have been there to see that, but the climb down was comparable to jumping off a cliff, so I made a S'More instead.
I took the E home and slept in the AC and went back Sunday morning at 6:45 to get breakfast underway and break camp. Goodness. By 10am, we were ready for a quick hike. The kids found vines hanging all over the place behind our site and so the pics are of the kiddos swinging their little hearts out- even little E. There was also a log bridge that we all crossed. I wasn't aware that being pregnant throws your balance off so much. I almost didn't make it across. It was one of those things where I thought afterwards...'hmmm.. that may not have been the best ideas I've had...'
After that we made it back home in one piece and the kids slept really well and so did mom and dad. I'm not sure who was more tired- them or us. Definitely could have used a beer after that one!



4 comments:

Wilcoxen said...

There is something about being pregnant with the 3rd (or 4th) that I think we just don't quite realize that we are preggo and maybe shouldn't do certain things. When I was pregnant with Tori, we went to Indiana Dunes and I had the bright idea of climbing Mt. Baldi (a mountainous sanddune) . I was 37 weeks pregnant. Let us just say that wasn't one of my better ideas! I got stuck about 3/4 of the way up and Andy had to help me the rest of the way! Yes indeed, what were we thinking?!

Unknown said...

Hannah is SO her mothers daughter!!!-Sarah

Lori said...

Ok. What were you thinking??? At least you didn't spend the night. Crazy lady!

missi said...

The problem is I wasn't thinking. It seems to be happening the more kids we have.... I did put my foot down when I realized that the first vine that the kids were swinging on was over a 9 foot deep valley. It didn't seem safe. :)