Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rounding Third and Heading Home

Wow. It seems to have been a whirlwind of a weekend. Brian's dad came down for a visit and the kids were SO EXCITED to spend time with him. Friday, I finished painting the girls room and we did a quick shopping trip for curtains, rugs and other things for the rooms. We've been busy! The rooms are almost done- a few things to hang on the walls and a few places to touch up and cosmetically, they are finished. Now, I still have the closet to attack and maternity clothing to send to the wonderful people who lent them to me! There also seems to be a large amount of toys that the kiddos don't play with that I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the house without permanently damaging my kids' psyche.

Saturday, Brian surprised his dad and Zach by taking them down to Great American Ballpark for a Season Ticketholder's Special. They got breakfast and Brian's dad got to take 5 pitches ON THE FIELD and was up on the jumbo screen. Dan's dad played ball in Philly back in the day and it was really meaningful to Dan. Brian got to do batting practice inside and Zach got to throw some pitches and do some other fun stuff. They had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the morning together. Brian forgot the camera and so we need to wait for Dan to send them to Brian this week.

The BMV has been an interesting experience. We are still trying to get the title work straightened out and all the proper paper work signed and notarized in order to get the plates and have the car be ours.

So, all in all, it seems like we've got a lot that isn't complete, but is close. We're rounding third and heading home. Being a task oriented person, this would drive me insane and I'd not have any peace and would be so uptight that I wouldn't be able to relax, but I've been surprised how much I've been able to give up and just take a deep breath in and just allow it to get done when it gets done- even if it isn't in my timing. Funny how God teaches us lessons and then shows us how we've grown (or haven't).

No comments: