Friday, June 6, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly





THE GOOD: So, the beach is still great. I have not been this relaxed in a long while. It has been really good for me to be away from all the things that I allow to distract me from just enjoying my kids. As you can see, they've had a blast as well. We've continued our animal hunt and have added a sea urchin, sand crabs (which Elizabeth was NOT too happy about), lizards and snakes. Dad and I took Zach and Hannah to an arcade down the street and Hannah was playing a game and literally hit the jackpot and like 250 tickets. She did the same thing last year. I'm taking her to buy some lottery tickets, so if you want in.... :)
Last night I just sat outside and looked at the stars- a real treat for us city folk. It is easy to forget what the nighttime sky really looks like and b/c Hilton Head has such strict laws about nighttime lighting, the stars really shine. It was beautiful. I am going to let the kids stay up late and take them out to look b/c I just amazes me that God can call each star out by name. It's sort of like in Isaiah where God is described as holding the mountains in his hands as well as the sand. It is immense and amazes me.

THE BAD:
I am not going to write too much about this right now b/c I'm still processing and I'm still wanting to get more information from B, but Brian was in a pretty bad car accident this morning and it is looking like the Accord is totaled. B is sore, but okay. The airbags deployed and he hit is head on the one (thank goodness he didn't break his nose or worse). The lady who was at fault and hit him... ran. Literally, ran away down the street and left the car just sitting there. Brian called the police and they are trying to find the person that did it, but reality... We'll blog more on this later.

THE UGLY:
I have to leave the beach tomorrow morning at 5:45am and endure a 12 hour van ride with my parents and 3 kids. Need I say more?

1 comment:

Keywest said...

I thought the car ride was quite painless. I thought the kids were troopers and I saw the scenery of at least four states backwards. I wouldn't vote yes to do it everyday, but all in all, I thought it went really well. Of course, I am the grandma...