Monday, April 14, 2008

Sometimes life just creeps by and other times it seems to be going so fast that it seems like it's never going to stop to let you off to smell the stinky diapers, I mean Roses.

I feel like we've got about a zillion (okay, so that is really impossible, but it can still feel like it) things to do around the house before the baby comes. I am a planner and so having this looming list is driving me crazy and I need to vent, and since you're reading....

Brian has multiple projects in 80% done phase (some of which have been in 80% done phase for 9-12 months) and that is what happens when you have a wife, three kids, a job and grad school. Duh... ANYWHOOOO.... right now I am trying to convince the kiddos that we have too much stuff in general (yes, all of us) and that we need to give some of it away. Zach, being the ever financial conscience youngster (aka Alex P Keaton for those of you who remember Family Ties) keeps telling me that we should sell it on EBAY. Hannah, the compassionate one who wouldn't hurt a fly (unless it tried to fly too close to her) keeps saying we should give stuff to boys and girls who don't have anything so that they'll feel good. Talk about polar opposites- no wonder they fight so much. Yet again, I digress...

So, I've got it in my head that we need to declutter this month so that next month we can make a full on attack at tearing out wallpaper, paint rooms,buy furniture and move bedrooms around so that we aren't doing it the week before the baby comes. That would suck. Then we have the wonderful world of landscaping. It's the mulching, the fence that needs 5 posts replaced, the deck that needs to be power-washed and restained, the mulch (we have a lot), the garage is looking bad and the concrete on the back of porch is falling off in random chunks (and I'm waiting for it to conk one of the unsuspecting kiddos in the head at some ordained time when we're trying to get out the door to go to church or someplace where it would be really inconvenient for it to happen) and I can't forget about the steps and the sidewalk- although Brian has friends that are excited at the opportunity to smash up concrete- well, so is Zach for that matter- it must be a boy thing.

On the upside, I went today to get an ultrasound for my kidneys (as I have a propensity for kidney stones during pregnancy) and it looks all clear right now. That's super good because the boogers can't form and be passed overnight, although, just for me that might begin to do so.

Well, tomorrow is E's birthday and I just realized I have NO TAPE TO USE TO WRAP HER PRESENTS WITH because one of the other lovely souls decided a tapeball was more important. Yes, I am saying bad words. I need chocolate. I'll post pics of the kiddos tomorrow.

No comments: