Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm blaming it all on the earthquake

I just need a second to vent and then I'll feel better. It's just been one of those days. My dad says that if an earthquake in Cincinnati wakes you up, it's a strange day If I weren't pregnant, I'd have had a beer by now, heck, I just might go ahead anyway....

First off, at 5:40ish this morning I was awakened from a dead sleep to my bed moving, the windows shaking and this strange sound outside. I thought I was completely going insane. I asked B if he felt it and he said yeah. It made me feel better. What did not though, was Zach being awakened by it and Hannah being awakened by it and starting the day off at predawn hours. That just isn't right.

So anyways....

Tuesday, I was taking Elizabeth to the Y for a gymnastics class and THOUGHT I was out of the school zone. I got a ticket because I was literally 10-15 feet away from where it ended. Mind you, there are NO SIGNS telling you where it ends. Luckily, I wasn't even going the regular speed limit, but it's just the principle of the thing... So then yesterday, I was at an intersection and there was a bus that was trying to turn so I had to back up so it could make the turn. I checked the mirrors and all I could see was a truck slowing down so I put the van in reverse and my foot off the brake and a second later BAM I hit a very SMALL vehicle that was pulled up too close to me so I couldn't see it out the mirrors. Luckily the guy was really nice about it and no harm no foul. Today, as I was taking Zach home from school (remember- Hannah is still sick) our tire blew up as someone cut me off in my lane and I nicked a curb to avoid the accident. So, Brian, my knight in shining armor, came and put on the spare (could you picture me doing that? I'd have needed the beer for sure). I then had to take it to Sam's where if it had been one of the other 3 new tires I put on 4 months ago would have been replaced for free/very cheap, and pay to have the rouge thing replaced. It's just not been a good car week. I give up.

No comments: