Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All's Quiet In The Western Front

No, we don't live on the west side, I just couldn't think of anything else humorous ( minus Hannah Ruth telling me that she was the smartest kid in all our universe and Zach too- and not because she's not smart... oh, I'm digging a hole). Things in the Kershner household is quiet (as it is midnight, it better be quiet). Spring fever is setting in and Zach doesn't really see the need to do homework or practice cello or do much of anything other than eat, play soccer, play outside, bring earthworms into the house... Hannah is happy to be wherever she is. Yesterday, while they were all playing outside and I was making dinner, I heard Hannah say "mom... come to the door". When I got there, Hannah is standing there soaking wet from head to toe, as is Elizabeth from where Zach had decided to hose them down. Needless to say, trying to get dinner ready before the sitter, this isn't what was needed. So, after stripping them naked and letting Hannah TRY to put a diaper on Elizabeth, I had a talk with Zach while reeling up the hose. During the conversation, I was really trying to keep my cool, but I was pretty hot, well, I was until I unloaded the hose on Zach. I felt better. Then, I went to the basement and turned off the water source from inside. He hasn't figured that out yet.
Today, I took E and Hannah to the zoo. Okay. There is a difference between going to the Cincihilly Zoo not pregnant and going when you're caring an extra 20+ pounds because you're knocked up. It was a long walk up the hill by the bears, complete with whining from one of the girls who can talk (hint.hint) about having to walk but not being able to because her back hurt and so did the bottom of her feet b/c she was having a baby. I could have done without that.

No comments: