Monday, June 1, 2009

Ah, yeah... Sorry about that.

Well, here we are another month gone by and not a peep from the fearless leader of 5 (yes, I include my husband).

Since when did May get about as crazy as the 2 weeks before Christmas? Who said that could happen and that was a good idea. I really want things to slow down, not spend up! AAGGHH!!!

Well, May has been full of life changes for us (imagine that). Brian finally was able to celebrate his MBA completion with a good old fashion cook-out at the Kershner abode. It was really nice and it was so good to see and visit with people. Well, let me clarify. It was good to see B visit with people, I was doing what I normally do running around making sure my kiddos weren't about to parachute off the roof of the house.

May has also brought about lots of visitors. Some of our favorite people from Cleveland- the Anthony's- came for a weekend visit during Memorial Day weekend. And between the 8 kids, sleepless nights and yummy food, I think we had one of the best weekends I can remember in quite a while. It is amazing to have people in your life who feel like your favorite jeans. They are comfortable, loved, precious and perfect for you. That's how I feel about the Anthony's.

May also brought about one of the more stressful things we as parents go through- new teachers. Our kids are going to a Montessori public school and they change people every 3 years. This is a transition year for Hannah. The precious soul, Joanne, who has loved and nurtured her for 3 years is having to pass her on. I don't know how parents who go through this every year do it. Every 3 years is more than enough for me. The night before her last night of school, Hannah was in bed and just broke down and cried about not being in Mrs. Meyer's class anymore. She cried because her friends wouldn't be in her class anymore and she was in hysterics about not knowing if she would like her teacher and if she'd know anyone in her class. I was almost in tears with her.
We talked for a while and then we prayed together for peace and we prayed God would let just 1 friend to be in her class next year. She finally calmed down and fell asleep and then I was up. I couldn't sleep because I was so anxious (not to mention I still had to pack for vacation).
The next day, I stopped by the school to help with FIeld Day and to drop off gifts to the kids' teachers and ran into Hannah and she was so excited. She said that she had 1 friend in her class and it is a good friend (Thank God for answering the prayers of a child). Hannah's teacher caught me and told me that she really pushed for Hannah to have the teacher she is paired with b/c she felt that the teacher relates well with kids and would do a good job in helping to create an environment in which Hannah can be Hannah. It is hard to entrust our kids to others. I am thankful for teachers that my kids have had and I am grateful that even in my fear and uncertainty, God continues to give me peace that all is well.

No comments: