Monday, August 11, 2008

She's here!






Saturday night, Abigail Renee joined the Kershner family in true form! We got to the hospital at 7pm and she was born at 10:11pm. Our doctor was stuck in Chicago and the doctor covering didn't get there quite quick enough, so the nurses ran and got the resident who literally walked into the room and delivered one of his first babies. She already has a flare for the dramatic! I'll give her that.

Abby weighed in at 7 lb. 15 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. We are home and doing well. The kids are besides themselves. Zach is great and has been doing a good job of trying to maintain the stability of girls and is holding Abby and being a quiet presence. Hannah is just Hannah. She is very excited and I think is still trying to figure all this out. She is intrigued by absolutely everything that Abby does. Then there is Elizabeth. I wish I would have thought to videotape her reaction to coming home. She was running around saying "I love baby!" and "Baby Abby home!". Then she was literally jumping up and down yelling "I'm so happy! I'm so happy!" It was precious.

It has been an interesting and introspective last few months for all of us. Now that all is said and done, I can saw that I have not only experienced God's people prayers (THANK YOU TO ALL WHO WERE PRAYING AGAINST KIDNEY STONES!!) but I've also experienced how God can truly change calloused hearts (thanks again to all those who have been praying for that!). This isn't the road I wanted to go on, but now that we've been on it for a while, I cannot imagine being on any other.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! A perfect doll baby. I'm so happy for you guys.

Emily R. said...

Missi! She is soooo beautiful!!! In the top picture of the page she resembles your Mom!! :D Your kids are growing soooo fast. Is Hannah in Kindergarten this year?

missi said...

Hannah starts Kindergarten next week and Zach starts 2nd grade. It is unbelievable

Jodi said...

Congratulations Missi and family!!! The baby is so cute and the kids look to be very excited about her! Take care and rest up- if that is a possibility:)
By the way, did you end up running to the end?

Ward Family Update said...

Baby Abby is adorable! Like a she could be anything else. I have to say that I am so thrilled for you all! I am doubly thrilled that you guys did such a flattering thing. I was so surprised that you guys thought to name Abby after me. You didn't have to do that. WOW!
Just kidding. Renee' is my middle name too! Great choice! Can't wait to see her! Blessings to you all.