Friday, March 14, 2008

Elizabeth is a big girl

Tonight while we were making dinner (grilling out to take advantage of the warm weather), I had Zach and Hannah outside with me. Missi was getting things ready inside and got a phone call. Elizabeth had apparently decided that she needed to eat. She got out a bowl and some cereal and managed to get most of it in the bowl. She called to Missi, quite proud of herself. She then opened the refrigerator and got out a glass of milk that had been unfinished from lunch and poured the milk into the bowl. Since the damage was done, Missi set her up at the table to eat her cereal. When I came, Missi told me what had happened and I said to E, "Did you get out some cereal like a big girl?" She gave me the biggest, proudest smile that a almost two year old can. It was precious, but we are now aware how close of an eye we must keep on our precocious little E.

No comments: