Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend: Lakes and Families and Fairs, oh my!!!

Well, we just got home from Cleveland a few hours ago and I think I can safely say all the kiddos are asleep for now :).  What a fun, fun weekend we had!  Good grief!    We had a great visit with Brian’s dad at the fair (see further down the post) and we got to spend a lot of good times with his mom and step-dad, brother and sister, Meg… made me miss Alli, but Cameron is better because she’s there.  We went down to Rocky River park and there is a little beach there where we played for a bit yesterday and today…

last of summer 155

 

this is what happens when Dad turns his head for a second… at least they are happy…

last of summer 153

 

Lots of firsts happened this weekend…

1.  ABIGAIL is walking !!!  She started on Friday and is so fun to watch.  She is very proud of this new accomplishment and proceeds to clap after every walking excursion.  Adorable.  I’m trying to get it on film, but she’s still a bit touchy with it so.. watch for it!

2.  I went to my first county fair.  All I can say is wow.  Here’s what I can tell you I learned from my first county fair…

last of summer 113

a) I used to think that I’d enjoy living in the country- yeah, not so much… wishful thinking- think Green Acres… disaster.

b) Apparently a vegetable still counts as a vegetable even if you deep fry it… seriously?!

c) People watching is taken to a whole new level at a county fair.  The best part was the Amish group of teens who were there and watching them try their hardest to fit in.  The best part of the day was when we were leaving and we passed the area where the Amish park their buggies and there was a group of like 10 boys hanging out with like 3-4 girls (TROUBLE) and one of the boys must have been a part of a new reality show called “PIMP MY BUGGY” because the thing was literally shaking from the rap that was BOOMING out of the stereo system inside of it.  I almost wet myself.  Seriously.. so not expecting that.

last of summer 127 

d) Gabora is alive… I’ve just got nothing else to say about this.

 last of summer 115 last of summer 114

e) Apparently, men come up with better ways of showing off than in the city.. who really thinks sitting on a seat that is on a piece of 2x4 behind a running a pooping horse is a good idea?  All the while racing with your feet up in those little stirrups- well, I guess it’s good for the men to empathize with the women folk for a spell…

last of summer 110 last of summer 112

last of summer 111

 

f) one word- Buffo.

 last of summer 126

g) not for a million dollars could I do this…

last of summer 130last of summer 131

h) my kids are pretty cute…

last of summer 149 last of summer 128 last of summer 134 last of summer 118 

One of the best things about this trip was that it forced me to just stop and rest.  Between Whiz Kids (which I’ll write about tomorrow) and all that the kids have going on, I get so caught up in getting everyone from here to there, that I forget to just stop and enjoy the trip.  I definitely enjoyed this trip. 

No comments: