Monday, September 7, 2009

August 2009

Well, August has come and gone and we’ve been pretty busy here in the Kershner household, but then again, what else would one expect?!!! 

The first big celebration in August was Abigail’s FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Can you believe she’s ONE already?  We had a fun little party for Abigail where my friend, Angie, made what I think are some of the BEST cupcakes and cookies that I’ve ever had. 

It is hard to believe that just a year ago, we brought Ab home and that she became so much a part of our family that things would be so different without her around.  We love our Abigail!abbycake6 august 09 006

august 09 008 august 09 021

Abigail had a wonderful day and thanks to all of you who came and helped the day to be so special for all of us.  It definitely has been an eventful year with her and we truly are richly blessed…

 

Soo… after celebrating Ms. Abigail Renee, we did all sorts of things to get ready to start back to school… I took the kids to COSI with a family of Zach’s friend Curtis, and just realized that I didn’t even get a photo with the 2 of them- BAD MOM!!! On the other hand, there are some more of my kiddos.  They had a blast. 

One of the funny things that we discovered while we were there is this whole water area where kids can play in various water activities.. It’s set up like a lost cave of Posiden or something.  We’ve been to COSI like a half dozen times and this was our FIRST time even knowing this part of COSI even existed!  last of summer 067 last of summer 061

Cosi has a static show that they do and thy have the kids line up and show how kids conduct electricity.  There Zach is getting the ‘shock’…

last of summer 088

Abigail is a Kershner!  She LOVES the water table and was quite content to just sit there for 30 minutes and play…

last of summer 077 

 

No- Zach is not in Egypt, but a mummy from Egypt was at COSI and this is part of the exhibit where you were allowed to take photos.  I learned the hard way from the not very nice security man that there are other parts you are NOT allowed to take pictures in.. oh well- there is probably some horrid curse that is going to come upon me from the mummy…. ha!

last of summer 092 last of summer 065

Hannah insisting on riding Sidesaddle like a proper young lady… no idea where she learned that- wasn’t me.

last of summer 090 

 

 

So, COSI, as usual was fun and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there.  Drive back, ehh.  Little long, but all in all we survived!

So, this leads up to the annual Kings Island trip right before school.  Abigail got pretty sick, so I joined up with the kiddos after 6 (and by the way on weeknights after 6- there is hardly anyone there- I got my $25 bucks worth!)… and had a wonderful time with my family.  Just sad Brian and Ab couldn’t make it :(…

The Wild Thornberry’s Log Flume- at 9:15 at night- not so much fun, especially after being told repeatedly that I wouldn’t get wet.  Does it not look like I got a bit wet to anyone else?!!!

032 040 043 036

041

 

All this leading up to the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! Yay!!!

last of summer 096  last of summer 097

2 comments:

Emily R. said...

Your kiddos are so cute! Love all the pics. Is E. starting school? Wow!!

I'm with ya on the fairs, it is the best place to people watch.

You've be to COSI and you've never been to the water part before! Thats my favorite part. I've taken about 5 groups of kids there, the water part is the 1st part I take them to.

:D
Hope your September is off to a great start!

Emily

missi said...

Hey Em,
Isn't that hilarious about the water part? We would do the sub part and the kids liked that and moving that underwater camera, but I never knew that the area had a whole other side!!!
E started preschool this year... she LOVES LOVES LOVES (to quote my beloved Eloise) it!
Hopefully, we can catch up soon, beautiful!