Saturday, August 8, 2009

Huh, I wasn't expecting that...

When we had Elizabeth, we were pretty sure that her first birthday was going to be the last first birthday we were going to have. We were pretty sure that the end of baby-dom was occurring when E turned 1 and as she got older.

I need to confess that tonight, I got teary and well, I cried, when I had to figure out what to do with the 1 year candle. No more kiddos to keep it for. It's time for me to let my baby girl get a bit bigger, but I'm discovering that I think it is ending too soon. I don't think I am ready nor do I think I was ready for baby Abigail to no longer be baby. I don't really even think I realized that I even felt sadness about her turning 1. I'm a bit surprised how much it caught me off guard. Once mom sends me the pics, I'll send pics.

Thanks for all of you who came- it meant a lot to me.

No comments: