Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Okay, so a few months ago, before Bri was finished with Grad school, the Knuevens asked us if we’d run the Pig Relay with them.  The Pig is a marathon here in Cincinnati and not knowing any better, we agreed.  Silly, silly us :)!  So, here’s what I’ve learned since February about running and training…..

1.  Training and running will exclusively nursing a 5 month old doesn’t work too well.  I know I was bit out of shape, but seriously?  I felt like I was 90!

 

2.  Training while you have 4 kids 7 and under and a hubby in Grad school is tough.  I don’t think I really started training for this until about 5 weeks ago.  Mental note- I need more than 5 weeks to train for a 6.5 mile leg of a marathon.  Especially since I’ve never run before

3.  I’m getting old.  My body is SO ridiculously tight battered when I wake up the morning after a longer run.  Really.  This is sad.  I want to be 18 again.

4.  I can do this.  I think.  There is a super hilly and somewhat steep road next to our street, Kipling, and my goal was to run it prior to the race and I did PLUS I ran to the park a bit further and then did the 1/2 mile loop there.  I was proud of myself and it was at that moment I decided I really could manage this.

5.  I ran 5 miles (which I know is a bit shy of the 6.4 miles I have to run) and didn’t die.  :)

All this to say, that I am really proud of myself for working hard and doing this.  I’m excited for Sunday and hopefully, I won’t make too big of a fool of myself :)!

No comments: