Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stop the Crazy Bus, I Wanna Get Off!

whew. It has been a really busy past few days and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight until we leave for Hilton Head. I don't know if that is good or bad. I'm still deciding.

We took Zach and Hannah to the Reds Game on Friday night to see the Indians get destroyed by the Reds. Zach was so excited and Hannah, well, Hannah made it to the Cotton Candy then crashed. She woke up in the 8th inning for the walk and the fireworks. Brian got tickets to the game on Saturday afternoon and after going to Zach's soccer game and a bridal shower, we kicked back with my dad and watched the Indians get destroyed by the Reds again. Brian was beyond frustrated. I won't even go there- the guys understand I suppose.

The kids have been in a funk the past week and just picking at each other and me and we're just tired of each other not being perfect (which creates all sorts of problems). They are crazy right now and I'm trying to keep it together. Yesterday was pretty rough and God just encouraged me with a verse from Isaiah that in essence says "I will sustain you and carry you" which is good because I feel like I weigh a ton and am tired of carrying myself around.

I've also started feeling overwhelmed by this whole getting ready for the baby thing. My friend Sarah is throwing a shower for me and I've been registering for stuff that we've given away or is just so old it is embarrassing to go out in public with. There is just so much stuff to choose from. It is overwhelming. The advantage of having done this 3 times before I know what we will actually use and what will not get any use other than a space collector. I found a stroller online for less than half of what it normally retails for and we bought that and it came today. The kids helped (if you can call it that) me put it together and then made a rocket out of the box.

I think the biggest challenge is the room situation. Brian's mom and stepdad and sister are coming down this weekend to help us strip wallpaper and patch walls and try to get a good start on what will be the girls' room, but I just don't see how this is all going to work. It stresses me out and then I just decide I'll worry about it later and eat some sorbet.

Well, I'm going to watch the end of American Idol. I'm a sucker, I know.

2 comments:

Wilcoxen said...

Hang in there, Missi! And I think that sorbet therapy is a GREAT idea (but only if it is Graeter's sorbet).

Lori said...

I've been thinking about and praying for you since I read this post. You are an amazing mommy - this too will pass.