Sunday, September 7, 2008

Let's All Go to the Movies...

Oh, boy. So, yesterday I thought , hmm... I've not had enough chaos, let's see what I can do to change that. Let's take everyone to the drive in movies and load them up with candy, popcorn, sugar, glow sticks and let them stay up until some ungodly hour watching old Disney films. Okay, so I didn't say that, but that is what happened.
There is a drive-in about 25 minutes away that was showing Mary Poppins and Swiss Family Robinson- two of our family's favorite movies. So, we loaded up the van and off we went. My parents followed suit behind us and after getting the back seat flipped for the kids we settled in for the movies.
The kids actually were really well behaved and after Mary Poppins, I was ready to leave (I was tired and COLD- I'd been sure everyone had warm stuff, but myself- typical), but the kids wanted to stay so we decided to just stay and we'd leave when they fell asleep.... 1:30am and AFTER the second movie was over. I took a nap on the floor of the van while my mom slept in her car with Abigail on her lap during the movie.
God blessed us with two sleepy heads (the girls) and then there was Zach, who decided to be up at 6:20AM... he's nuts.
All in all, it was a bit crazy and it wiped both Brian and I out, but it was so much fun and CHEAP (it was retro pricing night with free kid's admission!). We'll do it again, but not until next summer.

No comments: